07 November, 2019
Summary of interim report - third quarter 2019
Ziccum is well on its way to delivering on the promises made when we first listed our stock – that during the year we would start three projects to develop stable, dry vaccines and biological drugs. So far during 2019 we have entered into two industrial collaborations, one with a global pharmaceutical company. We have also filed a patent application for a very important component in the development of new vaccines - Adenovirus. We continue to work with leading industrial and academic players to further develop the technology and adapt it for large-scale industrial production of biological drugs and vaccines. This is to position us for future discussions about partnership.
Net sales KSEK 0 (0)
Operating income KSEK -1,380 (-1,714)
Earnings per share before and after dilution SEK -0.23
Net sales KSEK 0 (192)
Operating profit KSEK -5,378 (-2,442)
Earnings per share before and after dilution SEK -0.90
Significant events during the third quarter of 2019
- Ziccum has hired additional staff with expertise in the formulation of vaccines
- We received a special invitation to attend the Global Vaccine Summit in Brussels where several important new contacts were made
- Ziccum, on behalf of a vaccine development company, will conduct a feasibility study development of stable vaccines. The preliminary study does not entail any financial compensation at this stage but aims to investigate the compatibility of Ziccum air drying capability with the company"s new formulation
Significant events during the reporting period (Jan-Sep) 2019
- On January 10, 2019, Ziccum reported that the company had filed a patent application for its dry and temperature-stable formulation, which meets the WHO"s requirements for CTC status. The dry formulation (the "powder") generated by Ziccum"s technology in LaminarPace ™ dissolves quickly when sterile water is added and then vaccination or treatment can be performed
- Final payment from the EU support for FORMBECC was received during the second quarter amounting to approximately SEK 315 thousand
- Ziccum has been granted SEK 200,000 in research grants from Vinnova. The research grant should used to evaluate Ziccum"s method for preparing dry preparations of vaccines
Significant events after the reporting period
- At the beginning of October, an agreement was concluded for evaluation with a global drug and vaccine company, where together we evaluate Ziccum"s technology to generate stable and temperature-stable vaccines
For more information about Ziccum, please contact:
Göran Conradson: CEO Ziccum AB
Mob: +46 709 61 55 99
Ziccum AB (publ) develops new patented formulations of biological drugs where sensitivity to temperature differences, especially during transportation, currently limits medical and so commercial potential. The company’s patented technology, LaminarPace, develops dry powder formulations of drugs and vaccines that currently only exist in liquid form. By doing so Ziccum can increase the availability of drugs and vaccines in existing markets—and open up new ones.
This press release has been submitted for publication by the company"s CEO at. 08.00 (CET) on November 7, 2019.